Position: Full Stack Software Engineer (MERN)
Location: 100% Remote, but must be US based and preference given to Florida residence.
Compensation: Salary, Health insurance, Flexible Work Schedule, Employee Stock Option Plan
BLOCKSPACES (blockspaces.io) is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer for an exciting opportunity for a critical role within our rapidly growing company. Our Full Stack Software Engineer, will work directly with our CTO and will be responsible for maximizing the value of our blockchain integration MVP through effective management of the product vision and roadmap through the backlog. This is a highly technical role that requires deep understanding of complex software architecture and requirements. Through MVP stage, the Engineers will also be responsible for using a range of technologies to assist in the design, build and testing of our proprietary software which enables users to visually create connectors, integrations and automations that can run reliably and at scale. You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who help each other solve problems on both server and client side.
BlockSpaces recognizes your academic credentials, however we do not make hiring decisions solely based on your educational background. If you have the necessary skills, qualifications, work experience, and are excited about working for a startup in the fast pace blockchain industry, we want to talk to you!
- Assist in building and maintaining BlockSpaces’ core platform
- Build client-side interface for BlockSpaces’ User Interface
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements and best practices
- Evaluate and propose improvements to our platform
- Follow agile methodologies established by the team
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Work with CTO to design and develop the product around user stories
- Track backlog development, maintenance, and prioritization
- Understand the product, its design and technical considerations, including complex software architecture and engineering considerations
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for review
- Collaborating with management and customers to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role, including cloud native, enterprise SaaS software development
- Knowledge of system design and development used within web service and message-based applications(e.g. REST/SOAP/GraphQL/gRPC)
- Multi-cloud experience required (IBM Cloud, Azure Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, AWS)
- Event-driven programming and API development, experience with API integration platforms preferred (Mulesoft/Boomi/Informatica/Tray)
- Experience with web UI/UX frameworks like React and AngularJS
- Experience with frameworks NodeJS/Express
- Experience with document stores such as MongoDB
- Demonstrated ability to establish code standards for development team
- Demonstrated software contributions to Open Source projects and communities is a plus
- Documented participation in rapid software prototyping and experimentation
- Working knowledge of multiple current programming languages, collaborative software development tools (e.g. version control, documentation, and communication systems), software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Experience with cryptography, cryptocurrency and/or specific public (permissionless) and private (permissioned) blockchain and distributed ledger protocols, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Chainlink, Cardano, Hyperledger, r3 Corda is a plus
BlockSpaces Team Member Expectations:
- Team-focused attitude with a tenacious desire to be part of the Core team in a fast-moving start-up culture in an incredibly fast-moving industry.
- Highly driven and self-motivated voracious learner; absorb new information like a sponge and are constantly challenging yourself.
- Problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments in a cross-functional capacity.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently with a team-first attitude.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to visualize and apply emerging concepts to today’s business problems.
- Effective communication skills in order to work with engineers and other personnel.
- Desire to be a future technology leader; dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth.
- If you do not have hands-on experience with blockchain, you MUST be passionately interested in and committed to learning the complex world of distributed/decentralized systems and blockchain protocols.
- Flexible Work Schedule - You do you, just meet your targets and our expectations
- Supportive, collaborative, distributed team environment that supports remote employees
- Long-term prospects for a professional career in a high growth company
- Early employee stock option plan in a growing business
- Flexible & Fun work culture
- Be part of a community-oriented organization
- Best in class technology tools to empower you to do your best work
- Support for professional development and continuous learning
- Company-sponsored team-bonding activities and team celebrations
- Employee and customer referral bonuses
- Building on the cutting edge of emerging technologies
Main Office: 802 E Whiting St, Tampa, FL 33602